MRR Validation & Verification
Verify your GHG Data for California’s Regulation for the Mandatory Reporting of Greenhouse Gas Emissions
What is MRR Validation & Verification?
Under the California Global Warming Solutions Act of 2006 (AB 32), the state of California requires specific entities to report and verify their greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions annually. The Regulation for the Mandatory Reporting of Greenhouse Gas Emissions (MRR) is overseen by the California Air Resources Board (CARB), the lead agency overseeing all climate change programs and air pollution control efforts in California.
Under MRR, it is required that GHG emission reports follow regulatory requirements and be independently verified by CARB-accredited verification bodies. The summaries of GHG emissions data reported under MRR are made public yearly, and this data is then used by the Cap-and-Trade Program and included in the California Greenhouse Gas Inventory. CARB has implemented a third-party verification program to support the reporting of GHG.
SCS Global Services (SCS), as a CARB-accredited verification body, can help your organization navigate the complex process of verifying your GHG data according to the regulatory rules required under MRR.
*Source: California Air Resources Board - https://ww2.arb.ca.gov/
Why Choose SCS?
SCS Global Services (SCS), as a CARB-accredited verification body, can help your organization navigate the complex process of verifying your GHG data according to the regulatory rules required under California’s MRR. As a CARB-approved and accredited verification body, SCS’ extensive fuel consulting and verification experience combined with its knowledgeable audit team can provide streamlined and responsive service. Our dedicated in-house team is ready and available to answer your questions and provide customized guidance during each step of your verification process.
- Relevant Deadlines
The benefits of verifying through SCS include:
- CARB Approved and Accredited — As an approved verification body, SCS is ready to help your company comply with California’s MRR. We provide fuel pathway validations, annual verifications of fuel pathway reports, annual verifications of quarterly fuel transportation reports, and quarterly reviews of fuel transaction reports.
- Extensive Fuel Consulting and Verification Experience — SCS has experience in providing high-quality verification of biofuel and alternative fuel supply chains for over five years and has more than 25 years of experience in agriculture, greenhouse gas, and forestry certification.
- Streamlined and Responsive Service — With SCS, you will have a dedicated and experienced in-house certification team available to answer your questions and provide customized guidance during each step of the verification process.
- Knowledgeable Audit Team — Our MRR team includes experts in life cycle emission modeling, fuel production, and process engineering. Many of our lead verifiers have direct experience in multiple biofuel industries (including ethanol, biodiesel, and renewable natural gas), which includes cycle emission, fuel production, process engineering, feedstock management, and more.
- Easily Bundle Your Verifications — In addition to MRR, we can verify and validate for several complementary certifications including The Climate Registry, CDP, California Low Carbon Fuel Standard (LCFS); sustainable supply chains under the International Sustainability and Carbon Certification (ISCC) system; the Roundtable on Sustainable Biomaterials (RSB), the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO); Bonsucro Certification (Better Sugarcane Initiative) and Colombian biofuel program (Resolution 1962).
|Cal e-GGRT activated for current reporting year.
|Registration deadline for electric power entities (EPE) to register specified source facilities and units.
|Reporting deadline for facilities and suppliers of fuels and carbon dioxide, except when subject to abbreviated reporting. Applies to electricity generation facilities, refineries, cement plants, facilities producing over 25,000 metric tons of CO2e from combustion sources, suppliers, and others.
|Reporting deadline for submitting electric power entity reports and for those subject to Abbreviated Reporting. Electricity generating facilities must report by April 10th (April 11th for 2021 data), even if operated by an electric power entity.
|Deadline for corrections to RPS Adjustment data required for electric power entity data reports (i.e., 45 days following the emissions data report due date)
|Final verification statements due for all reports, including emissions, supplier data, and product data.
Ready to get started or need more info? Connect with us.