Certified Resilient Flooring
Sustainability Certification Under NSF/ANSI 332
What is Certified Resilient Flooring?
AFFIRM™ CERTIIFIED is a sustainability certification for resilient flooring products that is based on compliance with NSF/ANSI Standard 332: Sustainable Assessment of Resilient Floor Covering. The standard’s criteria include environmental, health and wellness, and social impact categories. AFFIRM CERTIFIED provides the specifier and consumer assurance that the resilient flooring product is evaluated for commitment to sustainability, human health and social responsibility and is third-party certified. The NSF/ANSI 332 standard was developed through a multistakeholder process through NSF and accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI). The stakeholder committee included public health, industry, and user members. The standard has both required (Level 1) and optional (Level 2) criteria so the manufacturer can use it for a process of continual improvement.
Why Choose SCS?
As the exclusive certification body for FloorScore, SCS brings decades of flooring certification experience with a dedicated team of auditors and customer service managers. AFFIRM Certification helps flooring products contribute to LEED credits and other green building schemes. It meets the requirements for EPA ecolabel and GSA procurement requirements. AFFIRM audits can be bundled with FloorScore saving time and money. AFFIRM certification helps manufacturers stand out in the crowded flooring sector and track their sustainability performance over time. For nearly 40 years, SCS Global Services has been a global leader in third-party certification, auditing and verification. Our Customer Surveys confirm that SCS stands out for our exceptional responsiveness and customer service. SCS certifies flooring manufacturers all over the world.
- Program Details
- Program Documents
Products eligible for certification include, but are not limited to: vinyl tile, vinyl composition tile, sheet vinyl, rubber, polymeric, laminate and linoleum flooring products in which the wearing surface is non-textile. Also included are flooring accessories such as wall base, moldings, and stair treads. The standard is applicable to products manufactured in one facility or multiple facilities, and in one country or multiple countries.
NSF/ANSI 332 Criteria
Qualification for certification under the NSF/ANSI 332 standard for resilient flooring requires conformance with criteria under six categories:
- Product Design
- Product Manufacturing
- Long-term Value
- End-of-Life Management
- Corporate Governance
Points earned under each of these categories determine the level of certification earned:
- Conformant - Basic certification level
- Silver - Second tier of certification
- Gold - Third Tier certification, moving toward best practices
- Platinum - Highest level of performance recognized
- Data Collection
- Client completes the Data Request Form, identifying mandatory and elective credits to be pursued, and submits it to the auditor along with supporting documentation.
- Once sufficient data is collected, an onsite audit is scheduled.
- Onsite Audit
- The SCS auditor conducts an onsite audit(s).
- Audit Results
- Auditor issues audit findings if any are required.
- Client responds to audit findings (if required).
- The SCS auditor prepares an assessment report that details the findings of the audit.
- Certification Decision
- An SCS reviewer conducts a final review of the draft assessment report and makes the certification decision.
- Upon successful certification, client receives the certificate, is listed in SCS Green Products Guide, and is granted the right to use the approved logo, consistent with SCS guidelines.
- Certification Maintenance
- Certification is valid for three years.
- Surveillance audits of a sampling of credits are required annually
- Full renewal is required every three years.
Ready to get started or need more info? Connect with us.