Companies in ginning, spinning, weaving and knitting, dyeing and printing, and cut and sew are eligible for certification.
- Recycled Polymer Materials - Contains a minimum of 20% recycled content
- Ethical - Avoids questionable or unethical sources
- Labor Protections - Ensures that workers are treated fairly according to internationally recognized (ILO) labor standards
- Supply Chain Management - Introduces supply chain risk management tools to improve sourcing strategies and prevent destructive environmental practices
- Environmental Impact Assessment - examines the environmental impacts associated with product manufacturing
- Chain of Custody – Transaction certificates follow the material through the supply chain
Complementary SCS Services
SCS provides a full spectrum of environmental and sustainability certification services. Complementary services include: Recycled Claim Standard, Certified Responsible Source™ Textiles, SCS Recycled Content Certification, and Alliance for Water Stewardship Certification.