कनाडाई ईंधन विनियमन
Offering both Verification and Feedstock Certification under The Canadian Clean Fuels Regulation (CFR)
What is the Canadian Fuels Regulation?
The Canadian Fuels Regulation (CFR) is a regulation that sets the requirements for selling transportation fuels into Canadian markets. The regulation was launched in March 2021 and sets out mandatory minimum lifecycle carbon intensity performance requirements that liquid fuel producers must meet, with the aim of reducing the carbon intensity of liquid fuels by at least 12% by 2030.
SCS Global Services is in the process of an ANAB certificate scope expansion under ISO 14064-3 to include verification of Low-CI fuels, and associated Low-CI fuels transactions, entering Canadian markets under the Canadian Fuels Regulation (CFR).
In addition to offering the above audit services, SCS is working with independent company, SCS Standards, to develop of a third-party feedstock certification scheme (CS). This CS will be available to certify feedstock used to produce low-carbon-intensity fuels is compliant with the CFR Land Use and Biodiversity (LUB) criteria. The LUB criteria will come into effect January 1st, 2024.
अनुसूचित जाति क्यों चुनें?
SCS has been providing high-quality verification services of biofuel and alternative fuel supply chains for approximately 10 years and has more than 25 years of experience in agriculture, greenhouse gas, and forestry certification.
SCS also verifies biofuel pathways under the Low Carbon Fuel Standard (LCFS), the Oregon Clean Fuels Program (CFP), the International Sustainability and Carbon Certification system (ISCC), and will be an approved verification body in Brazil’s Renovabio program by the end of 2023. If interested, we also have expertise in RSB, RSPO, Bonsucro, and the Colombia Resolution 1962.
- Verification Process
Verifications under Sector 2 - Renewable/Bio/Low-CI Fuels that covers either:
- Compliance Category 2 – Supply of low-carbon fuels, and
- Compliance Category 3 – Supply of fuel or energy to advanced vehicle technologies
Feedstock Certification in compliance with CFR. Details regarding this standard will be released in the summer of 2023 and additional details will be provided here.
Verification Report Types:
- Approval of carbon-intensity for low-carbon intensity fuels, compressed and liquefied gases (sub-section 80(1))
- Temporary approval of carbon-intensity or low-carbon intensity fuels, compressed and liquified gases (sub-section 90(1))
- Annual credit creation report from the end-use fuel switching (section 120)
- Credit adjustment report from the supply of low-carbon-intensity fuel or from end-user fuel switching that relates to a low-carbon-intensity-fuel (section 122) (Note: The report is not required to be verified if no compliance credits were created during the compliance period to which the report relates)
- Carbon intensity pathway report (section 123)
- Material balance report (section 124)
1. स्कोपिंग और परियोजना दीक्षा
- Client submits application and requests a quote for verification
- SCS परियोजना के दायरे की पुष्टि करता है और ग्राहक को कोई दायित्व मूल्य उद्धरण प्रदान करता है
- Client signs Work Order and returns to SCS to begin the verification process
- SCS prepares verification plan and sampling plan
2. ऑनसाइट ऑडिट
- SCS ने ऑन-साइट मूल्यांकन से पहले ग्राहक दस्तावेज की समीक्षा की
- SCS ऑडिटर क्लाइंट ऑपरेशंस का ऑनसाइट असेसमेंट आयोजित करता है
- SCS drafts verification report in compliance with CFR and provides client with a report of findings
3. सुधारात्मक कार्रवाई
- ग्राहक किसी भी आवश्यक सुधारात्मक कार्यों का जवाब देता है
- SCS समीक्षा और सुधारात्मक कार्यों की पुष्टि
4. Verification Report and Statement
- SCS completes verification report and associated filings
- स्वतंत्र समीक्षक सबूत और निष्कर्षों की समीक्षा
- SCS finalizes the verification report and submits to the Canadian ECCC, Low Carbon Fuels Division
प्रमाणन के माध्यम से अंतिम निर्णय के लिए हस्ताक्षर किए गए वर्क ऑर्डर से पूरा करने के लिए औसतन 3 महीने लगते हैं । समयरेखा इस बात पर निर्भर हो सकती है कि ऑनसाइट ऑडिट कब निर्धारित किया गया है।
*SCS Global Standards will update this webpage with information regarding the Feedstock Certification Process once that audit process has been created by SCS Standards and approved by ECCC.
- एक अनुभवी प्रमाणन टीम से सुव्यवस्थित और उत्तरदायी सेवा
- ईंधन परामर्श और सत्यापन अनुभव के 20 से अधिक वर्षों
जानकारी का अनुरोध
शुरू करने के लिए तैयार हैं या अधिक जानकारी की आवश्यकता है? हमारे साथ जुड़ें।