REPLENISH™ Verification for Water Stewardship Actions
For measuring water replenishment activities with the Volumetric Water Benefit Accounting (VWBA) methodology
What is REPLENISH™ Verification for Water Stewardship Actions?
REPLENISH™ Verification enables companies to measure and demonstrate the water they are saving through reductions, and also replenishing back into the environment through activities such as wetland conservation and restoration, rainwater collection and recycling, water supply reliability, water access, water quality, aquatic habitat restoration, water governance, and catalytic activities.
Companies with high water risks in nearly every industry have made commitments to be water positive, which means replenishing more water than they use. From tech, manufacturing, food and beverage to hospitality and more, stakeholders are demanding sustainability goals such as regenerative water, watershed replenishment, and sustainable supply chains.
By achieving independent REPLENISH™ Verification from SCS Global Services, companies can make verified claims surrounding their water conservation efforts, which may be used to support CDP, ESG, and SDG targets.
Why Choose SCS?
As a leader for 38+ years in sustainability standards, third-party verification and certification, SCS has helped thousands of companies demonstrate their sustainability efforts that contribute to Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG), Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Companies choose to leverage SCS’ water stewardship expertise to help navigate their water sustainability journey. SCS offers a comprehensive suite of services for responsible water practices, with REPLENISH™ Verification, WAVE Verification, Technical Advisory services including gap analysis, pre-assessments, and Alliance for Water Stewardship (AWS) implementation support.
- Water Stewardship Activities
- Land conservation and restoration
- Land conservation (protection and preservation)
- Land cover restoration
- Water supply reliability
- Agricultural water demand reduction measures
- Operational efficiency measures
- Leak repair
- Consumer use efficiency measures (with product use, appliances and fixtures)
- Water reuse
- New water supply for crop irrigation
- Rainwater harvesting
- Water access
- Access to drinking water supply
- Water quality
- Agricultural best management practices (BMPs)
- Stormwater management
- Constructed wetland treatment systems
- Wastewater treatment plants
- Aquatic habitat restoration
- Wetland protection
- Wetland restoration and creation
- Legal transactions to keep water in-stream
- In-stream barrier removal
- Dam reoperation
- Floodplain inundation/reestablish hydrologic connection
- Water governance
- Direct engagement in water governance and public water management
- Catalytic activities
- Activities that pave the way for longer-term water stewardship outcomes
- Distinguish company portfolio with a robust sustainability profile
- Assure stakeholders of accurate water stewardship claims
- Regenerate and preserve water use in high-risk areas
- Make local contributions to water savings and watershed improvements
- Achieve recognition with a REPLENISH™ Verification Report and logo
VWBA Three Step Process
- Identify shared water challenges and understand local context
- Define water stewardship project activities and partners
- Gather data and calculate volumetric water benefits
SCS Verification Process
- Apply for verification
- Submit inventory documentation
- Technical review
- Verification report
- Verification reviewed and, if achieved, report and verification logo issued
- Maintenance assessment conducted within 12 months of verification
What is Replenish Verification?
Replenish Verification provides estimates of the volumetric water benefits based on water stewardship activities such as land conservation, water supply reliability and aquatic habitat restoration. We use the Volumetric Water Benefit Accounting (VWBA) method to estimate the water benefits.
Why verify water conservation and replenish goals?
The REPLENISH Verification provides assurance that your company has the documentation and evidence to support your replenishment claims. The WVBA method defines water stewardship practices and how to calculate volumetric water benefits to verify your efforts.
Will SCS help define your REPLENISH actions?
As an independent third-party verifier, we cannot participate in consulting activities such assistance with scoping project parameters or documentation of activities.
What is the cost of REPLENISH Verification?
Costs vary depending on the type of water stewardship activities being evaluated and the extent of your actions. Please contact us for an individual proposal.
Ready to get started or need more info? Connect with us.